Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I can't believe I'm really a runner

I didn't start working out at all until 3-4 months after I started WW. At first I felt bad. I felt like I was a slacker. But now that I look back, I'm glad I waited. I needed to focus on WW and really get a grip on that before I can focus on my new task of activity. I feel very confident in my eating now so I have been focusing on working out. I chose running. I have always wanted to be a runner. I really admire runners' bodies and that's what I want to look like. I started with the couch 2 5k program. (I used the podcast from kissmyblackass.org/podcast. It has the best mix of songs, no techno!) Now that I've completed the program, I can easily run 2-3 no problem. Yesterday after work, it was about 5pm, and I just didn't feel like running. It was chilly outside and I don't like running in the cold. Normally I look forward to my run after work but I just didn't want to run. I made myself change in to my running clothes at least. I changed, and just being in the clothes made me motivated to run so I did. I put my iPod on and headed out. I ran 2.4 miles in 23 minutes. It was like nothing! I could have kept running at least another mile, but, I was back at my office. I'm just in shock that I can run over 2 miles with such ease. I'm a runner. Can you believe it?!

I've been eating really well too. I'm at -55lbs and I can't wait to keep going. I think the big losses the last 2 weeks is because I've been exercising. It's made such a difference. The interesting thing about it is that I'm hungrier when I've been working out a lot. I used to not lose when I ate my weekly points but now that I'm exercising I eat more, not all but some of my weekly points, and I'm still losing. It's been a big change for me cause I'm not used to being so hungry all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment