Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting over a plateau...

Another gain this week... I'm beyond frustrated. I'm not frustrated enough to quit but I just get frustrated when I'm being so good and not seeing any results. Last week I tried eating all of my weeklies, dailies, and most of my activity points. I assumed I would gain, and I was right. I had to try it though. I ran, played tennis, walked all day at work, got all my healthy checks... what can I be doing wrong??

I know I should focus on how far I've come and where I am now but easier said than done. Yes I know I've lost 55 lbs already but it's hard to push through sometimes. I'll make it though.

Yesterday at my meeting Teresa said I should talk to Kerri, my leader. At first I didn't want to. Everyone's advice is the same: "Maybe you're gaining more muscle", "everyone hits plateaus, you'll get through it", "if you gain this week, think how much you'll lose next week!". None of that advice helps anyone. It doesn't tell me anything. So not that I don't trust Kerri, I just didn't want to hear the same thing again.

Well I am so glad I talked to Kerri! I was so frustrated by the end of my meeting I thought I was going to cry. I held back tears as I walked up to Kerri after the meeting. She knew something was wrong right away and asked what's up. I told her my struggle. She told me that I need to add up my loss' and gains from the last 4 weeks. If it averaged a 0.5 lb loss a week, then it's not a plateau. (I did the average for the last 4 weeks and it's exactly 0.5 lbs a week. How frustrating?! I've only lost 2 lbs in the last month?!) Okay so it's not a plateau but it's obviously a lull in my weight loss.

Kerri asked if I've done anything different lately. I told her about how I tried to eat all of my points last week to try something different. She said I'm eating too much. I was surprised at that at first. How can that other girl in my meeting lose when she eats all of her points? I actually had to try hard to eat all of my points. She said you have to eat less points as you lose the weight. I know that but it didn't really sink in until I was thinking about it at home later that night. I noticed that I've been dipping in my weekly points because I am hungry because I've increased my activity. So maybe I need to go back to eating just my daily points. It's so simple! Why didn't I think of this before?!

When I woke up this morning I felt so positive. I think I may actually lose this week. I'll be strict with what I eat and continue to run. I'm super motivated. I notice I tend to lose more when I have a positive attitude so I'm hoping my new outlook will really help me this week. I have to lose this week!

On another note, I'm thinking of joining a gym. I'm not a very gym'y person so that's why I'm still thinking about it. I'm of course afraid I'll join and never go. So I'm making sure if I join, I have to go. I'm thinking of joining Planet Fitness. They have free unlimited trainers. That's appealing to me because I have no clue what I'm doing at a gym. I would still run like I always do but I need to weight training too. Muscles help increase your resting metabolism. Plus I would like to have the option of a gym when it's raining outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment