Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Traveling Tracker Works!

Was: 243 lbs
Is: 177 lbs
Will be: 143 lbs

Lost this week: 4.6 lbs
Total so far: 66 lbs
Left to go: 34 lbs


My leader Kerri has started a great idea with our meeting. It's called the traveling tracker. Each week, one of us takes it (a three-month tracker) home and tracks and brings it back so someone else can have a turn. What it does is gives people a peek into each others lives on what they're eating, doing for activity, and how they track. I thought it was a great idea! I wanted to wait a few weeks before getting it because I wanted to take home lots of ideas but in our meeting last Monday, no one seemed to want to take it for week 2 so I volunteered.

Well the woman who had it the first week lost 4.6lbs that week. I had it the next week and lost.... 4.6! It's crazy! I did a lot of things last week that contributed to that loss. First of all, having the traveling tracker makes you want to be so good because you know that other people area going to read it. I didn't always want to be but I was honest in my tracker. I had chocolate for breakfast on Thursday. I got my period and I was dying for it. I didn't want to track it in the traveling tracker but I did. I want people to see they can have slip ups like that and still lose.

I also went to the gym 6 days this week. I would do 30 mins of weights and 30 mins of cardio. It became a great routine for me. I actually look forward to going to the gym. It's still so bizarre to me! And last but not least, I ate really well this week. I was stricter than usual. I still enjoyed a treat here and there but I tried my best to watch stuff like late night snacking.

I know I won't do this well again next week but I love that I showed myself that I could do it. I can lose like I used to. Last night Kyle, Ryan, and I went to the movies. They have a new section of the movies where they serve food during the movie. The menu was very difficult for me. The best thing I could find was chicken quesadillas. Not the best choice but at the movies, it was. (And boy were they delish!!!) We also had a coupon for a free appetizer. The appetizers were standard wings, mozzarella sticks, queso... so not much for me to choose. Then I saw there was a veggie platter with hummus! Perfect! It came with carrots, celery, and jicama. Jicama?! What the heck is that?! I had never heard of this or had it. But I tried it. It's not bad. It's a cross between an apple and a potato. But, I also had quite a few bites of queso, pizza, and bread. I didn't know how to track it so I just charge myself 15 points for the extra snacking.

Today I've eaten more than usual and I haven't gone to the gym. Kyle has a softball game tonight and I don't know if I'll have time to go since it's getting so late. I know... excuses are like armpits, they all stink. But I guess I've chosen today as my one day "off" from working out. That means I have to go tomorrow. No excuses. I'm going to try and set my alarm in the morning and go. I'll make Kyle go with me. :)

I'm going to start adding my statistics at the top so when I go back and read these I'll know where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment