Total Pageviews

Friday, June 3, 2011

I chose the smoothie instead!

It's so weird... I've been going through this rough patch that has lasted almost 2 months and then suddenly, I'm back! I remember waking up on May 22 and I felt like I woke up from a bad dream, figuratively. I'm not sure what changed but I just felt different. Since then I've stuck to my points like I used to. I don't snack without purpose anymore. I don't crave bad things over and over anymore. In fact, Kyle and I went to Sweet Tomatoes the other night with some friends. I always get frozen yogurt when I go. It's only 3 points and such a great treat. Well, I realized that I always get the frozen yogurt just because. So I listened to my tummy, it told me it was satisfied. I made it through the night and avoided the frozen yogurt! Then as I was driving home, all I could think about was ice cream. I was really proud of myself for avoiding the treat but now it's all I want. So I decided I would stop by Walgreens on the way home and get a single serving of Skinny Cow ice cream. I thought more about how I was proud of myself for avoiding the frozen yogurt and now it's null and void if I stop for ice cream on the way home. I still needed a dairy for the day, so I decided the best idea would be to have a smoothie when I got home. That way I could have a dairy and fruit. It's a better choice then ice cream. Decision is final.

So as I get home, Kyle told me he was proud of how well I was doing and that I avoided the frozen yogurt at Sweet Tomatoes. He then surprised me with a Weight Watchers ice cream bar. (I asked him to throw away all the ice cream in the freezer the week before. It was a tough decision but I wasn't in control with all of the ice cream in the house.) He had hidden it in the freezer to give me as a treat. He's so sweet. :) Well, I thought about it but I decided to stick with my smoothie decision. That's when I knew I was back. I'm back on board! It's good to be back! :)

My leader Kerri has created a WW group for a few of us on Facebook and I'm loving it. It's a good mix of people trying to lose and people on maintenance. It's great to see that you're not alone. People that I look up to in the meeting have problems too. It's nice to see they're real. This is a lifestyle and there will always be ups and downs. We're all there for each other wether we're celebrating or need some help and motivation.

Since I've started WW, I haven't had too many events going on so it's kind of just been lose the weight as it happens. Well yesterday I got a wedding invitation in the mail. The bride is a friend of mine from high school. Last year, before starting WW I went to another wedding with the same group from high school. When I look back on those pictures I look my heaviest. I even look uncomfortable I'm so big. I'm so motivated to look fantastic at this wedding. Most of the people there haven't seen me since the last wedding. What a great debut! I'm not sure what to set my goal at though. As I get smaller, my weight loss has slowed. I would love to average 2 lbs a week but I'm not sure that's possible or realistic. I have 8 weeks until the wedding so I'm hoping for 15 lbs right now. It's nice to have an anchor, something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment