Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I just ate 15- Points in chocolate!"

I didn't blog at all last week. I guess it's because I didn't do so well last week. On Wednesday I got my period and I was dying for chocolate. I mean, really really wanted chocolate. So I did. I have Ghirardelli dark chocolate baking bars in the pantry to make fudge. Well, forget the fudge, I ate the entire bar. One bar is 2.5 servings and 15 Points Plus! Can you believe this?! Kyle came downstairs and all I could say was "I just ate 15 Points in chocolate." Even though it was crazy high in points and very irresponsible of me to eat the entire thing in one sitting, I had no regrets. I enjoyed every bite of that chocolate. I still don't regret it and it was one week ago.j

The rest of the week also included many other versions of chocolate but in better portions and Points Plus values. I had heard of a recipe for black bean brownies. It seemed a little bizarre to me. I make Diet Coke cake which is delicious but Diet Coke is sweet so it kind of makes sense. Well I gave the black bean brownies a try and they were delicious! They're easy to make too! Just take a 14.5 oz can of black beans and rinse them in a colander. After making sure the beans are rinsed really well, put the beans back in the can. Fill the rest of the can with water and put the beans and water in a food processor. Puree. Then put a boxed brownie mix in the food processor and blend. Put the brownie mix into a baking pan and follow the directions on the back of the brownie box for baking times and heat. I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownie mix. I cooked the brownies in an 8x8 pan and 1/16th of the pan was a serving. They were 4 Points Plus each and delicious.

Well after a tough week, Monday was not so much a Christmas morning for me. I was excited cause I always love meetings but I was nervous about the scale. I was expecting a gain but hoping for nothing more than 1.2 lbs. I was extra careful to eat light yesterday hoping to at least achieve a maintain instead of a gain. Well to my surprise, I lost 0.2! I had never been so proud! :) Usually a -0.2 loss would discourage me but I was thrilled after the week I had. Of course 75% of my meeting just finished their first week on WW and they were all losing 5-8 lbs but that still didn't make me feel bad about my 0.2 loss.

After the week I had last week, I knew I had to be better this week. Yesterday I had my favorite breakfast, egg white scrambled eggs. I use Pam, 3 egg whites, onion, bell pepper, and a slice of american cheese. I put them all in a pan and scramble them up. I also had a bagel thin with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light and a banana. It's a great meal because it's so nutritious and only 6 Points Plus!

For lunch I had my staple, delicious lunch, a veggie burger wrap. I put 2 tsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, I put a frozen veggie burger in. (I use Boca Bruschetta patties.) I also add onion and bell peppers. After 4 mis I flip the patties. Then after another 4 minutes I use a spatula to break up the patty like ground beef. I mix the veggies and veggie burger together. I put the veggie mix on a tortilla that has Laughing Cow cheese spread on it. This wrap is good on its own but I like to put some Frank's Red Hot on it. I had grapes on the side of this meal. With this meal I got a protien, 1 fruit, 1 veggie, 1 whole grain, 1 dairy, and both of my healthy oils and all of that is for just 7 Points Plus! That's healthy eating and it's so delicious!!

For dinner Kyle and I went to Thaty and Gio's. We had stir-fried veggies (with Pam, not oil), grilled chicken with a little soy sauce, and brown rice. We also had a caesar salad, lots of lettuce and very little dressing. Oh and dessert... let me tell you about this delicious dessert... fruit salad. Not just ordinary fruit salad though. This fruit salad was cut up in to small bite size pieces. The fruits were banana, papaya, apple, and pineapple. They were mixed up so well and I scooped a big helping into my dish. Then Thaty brought out something I've never had before, sweet condensed milk. I have never had this before. I have heard Thaty talk about it before but I had never had it. Thaty said it is very common in latin communities. So I put a tbsp of it over my fruit and mixed it in. WOW! Soooo delicious!! I'm actually craving it right now. One serving of sweet condensed milk is 2 Tbsp and only 3 points plus. I used half of a serving and could probably use less next time. It's a perfect dessert.

I'm glad to be back on the healthy wagon after a tough week. I am 0.8 lbs away from losing 40 pounds and I'm going to be there on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment