Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

WW Questionnaire: About Me

I found this questionnaire on someone’s WW blog and I thought it was cute. Here are my answers…
  1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now, and what is your goal weight?

I didn’t weigh myself for a long time but I’m pretty sure that my first day at WW back in September was my highest weight. I was at 243! That’s insane! I currently weigh 208.8. (I’m hoping that number will be smaller after weigh in tonight.) And my goal weight is 143.

  1. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?

My #1 motivation is my family, myself included. Ever since I met Kyle, my life has been so different. It so much better and he really gives me something to live for. I can’t wait to have a family with him but before I do, I need to get myself healthy. I feel so badly for overweight kids because it’s not their fault at all. It is 100% the parents who are teaching them unhealthy eating habits. I want my kids to understand the benefits of taking care of their bodies.

  1. Have you always been overweight?

Yep, as long as I can remember. I remember being at a department store buying a dress for my 6th grade banquet with my mom. I remember the dress very well but what I remember more is the sales woman telling me that it’s time I learn to start sucking in. That’s tough to forget.

  1. When you want to give up, what inspires you to keep going?

What inspires me is I know this time, it’s for good. I will count points for the rest of my life. I’m so dedicated. I also think about how long I’ve been doing this and how hard I’ve worked. I don’t want to mess all of this up for nothing. Kyle inspires me. My leader Kerri inspires me.

  1. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?

#1? It’s really hard to think of just one. I think just knowing that I did it. It will be the smallest I’ve been in my adult life. I can’t wait to just say “I did it!” Of course I’m looking forward to all the other perks like looking good in clothes, having more energy, and seeing my collar bone on a daily basis.

  1. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?

I am so beyond lucky to have the best support! I have almost no nay sayers in my life. Kyle is my biggest support. I don’t know if I would have made it this far without him. He is unbelievable. Thaty keeps me going too. As I said in my previous blog, I look forward to meetings like it’s Christmas morning. The biggest reason is because I get to see Thaty. I love sharing our successes together. She’s such a huge support. And of course my parents are super supportive. They’re always asking about my weekly weigh ins and encouraging me to keep it up.

  1. What is your favorite exercise?

Well, I don’t know if I have a favorite. I haven’t done too well on the exercise portion of this plan. It has been difficult for me to commit to exercising. I would love to be able to do Bikram yoga but, the class is 90 mins and not close to the house. Not to mention, it’s crazy expensive. I did begin the Couch to 5K program. I did enjoy that one but it got way too cold out and (as much as I hate the excuse) I just got too busy around Christmas. I know I will get back to the Couch to 5K program and I hope that I will be able to find time to do Bikram.

  1. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?

I think the most important thing I’ve learned is the importance of being healthy over the want of being thin. What’s going on inside my body is even more important that what’s on the outside. Also, learning that this journey cannot be done alone. You have to be 100% committed for it to work. If Kyle wasn’t on board with me doing this, I will for sure have failed already. Your house has to be full of good foods for you eat, you have to have your office at work on board and to know not to offer you goodies they have brought in, and you have to have your friends on board so when you make plans to go out they can help you make wise choices. This is not a solo mission.

  1. What is your strategy for losing weight?

Sticking with is and realizing this is not temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment