Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Feeling So Motivated!!

Lately I’ve just felt really motivated and I’m loving it! I’ve been eating really healthy lately. Almost everything I eat now can count towards at least one healthy check. Of course I will occasionally have a cookie here and there but I’ve been really good about limiting myself.

Things weren’t as easy the other night though. On Monday I went to the boys’ house for Gay Christmas. It’s a tradition that’s really fun. We all get together and watch this cheesy, gay, 90’s movie called 24 Nights. Well of course food is included in this gathering. I knew this ahead of time so I was prepared and made sure to eat dinner before I got there. I had made Diet Coke cupcakes and pumpkin cookies to bring to the party. I also packed a small cooler/bag of fruit and laughing cow cheese in case I got hungry while I was there. So I thought I’d be fine… and then I got to the party.

I don’t know why I’m like this but I get this idea in the back of my head that I can slip a little on Mondays after I’ve weighed in because I have a whole week to go until the next weigh in. Well this party is on a Monday night and unfortunately I was in one of those moods that I didn’t even want to portion out my dinner. I wanted to just pig out, even if it was something healthy, I just wanted to eat something aimlessly. Thankfully I have a pretty strong will power and didn’t give in to that temptation. I realize how hard I’ve worked to get to where I am and I don’t want to mess this up for anything. So I portioned out my dinner and did allow myself to have 3 of the cookies I just made. It was only 5 points. I’m okay with that.

So anyways, I get to the party, supposedly full from dinner and then I see the food they’re offering, popcorn chicken, fried ravioli, quesadillas, and cookies. Pretty much everything I used to love. I would have had no problem eating all of that prior to WW but now I can’t. Could I have eaten them and maybe stayed within my points? Yeah, maybe. But I also know myself pretty well, and I already knew I was in that mood where I just wanted to eat everything and not stop, so I didn’t have any of it. Well I did have the tiniest of tiny bites off of one of Kyle’s quesadillas but it was cold by then so it didn’t even taste good. It was for sure the most difficult situation I’ve been in since I’ve started but I made it through. I’m so glad I stuck to my guns and didn’t falter. I’m also super glad that I brought the cheese and fruit cause I did eat them. Oh, and did I mention that they had a bowl of those Little Debbie’s Christmas Tree snack cakes… I have been dying for one lately. Every time I see them on the side of the aisles at the grocery store it makes me want them even more. I know I can work one in to my points but I just don’t want to. I need to realize that my body doesn’t need food like that. It doesn’t help me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment