Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

Success Stories

I am very motivated by the success stories on the WW website. I’ve read them all. It motivates me because it proves that it can happen. I especially love the before and after pictures. I used to be sad that they didn’t say how long it took them to get that way, and I understand why they don’t, but I just wanted to know realistically how long do I have to wait. Now, I don’t care if it takes me 20 years to get to my goal weight. I know I’ll get there. I’m already on the path to eating healthier and that’s what really matters. If I keep on this path, the weight will come off.

As much as I love the before and after photos, I love their ‘tips’ at the bottom of their story the best! I love seeing the ideas of people that have joined the journey of WW and succeeded. I hate reinventing the wheel and love stealing ideas from others. :) So I am going to go through and compile my favorite ‘tips’ from the success stories on WW.

*When your clothes get too big for you, throw them out as soon as possible. For me, that was like closing the door on that chapter of my life. This is one I still need to learn…
*Read the Success Stories on WeightWatchers.com. Sometimes you don’t know anyone in your personal life that has the amount of weight to lose that you do. Reading about people like me really kept me motivated to lose the weight.
*My favorite products are the scale and the measuring cups. You can track that you’re eating 4oz. of grilled chicken, but how do you really know it’s 4oz. unless you measure it? It also helps when you’re at a restaurant and in other situations where you have to “eyeball” your portions. How can you guess what ½ a cup of rice is unless you’ve seen it before?
*Use a food scale. I started out measuring my foods and 20 years later the scale is in the same spot in my kitchen. You’ll never outgrow measuring.
*Mark the POINTS values on food items as you're putting them away after grocery shopping. This saved so much time. You don't have to look the information up each time you eat.
*I do a lot of my cooking and prepping for the week on Sundays. I’ll make a big pot of turkey chili and chop vegetables to save time throughout the week.
*When I feel deprived, I’ll just tell myself, just because I can’t eat this now, it doesn’t mean I can never eat it again. I just have to plan better tomorrow or next week.
*I economize my POINTS values. I've "skinnied" up many of my favorite recipes to make them Weight Watchers friendly. I use fat-free chicken broth instead of more fattening gravies, for example, and fat-free sour cream instead of butter. And I have finally learned that I can have a few bites of something without eating the entire item and be happy with that.
*Keep tracking. Even when it seems time-consuming, make sure to track your POINTS values. Tracking is the key to keeping the weight off.
*Use common sense. If a food sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
*Don't give up!
*Don't put a time frame on your weight loss. Establishing small realistic goals is important, but don't set yourself up for disappointment by pledging to losing 10 pounds in two weeks.
*Don’t give up the foods you love to eat. Learn to eat them in moderation. This is a lifestyle, not a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment