Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Points Plus

So I am in my second week of PointsPlus, the new WW program and I’m liking it. I feel that I made a big change the weeks leading up to the new program, so it didn’t shock me too much. The new plan is all about eating healthier and making better choices with food. I’m glad that I listened to Kerri so much cause she was dropping hints about eating healthier.

I’m starting to feel the weight loss on my body. I don’t know if I’ve really gone down a size yet. I have one shirt that’s XXL and it just now fits, but still gaps a little at my boobs. And I have a jacket from Old Navy that’s an XL and fits nicely. It’s cool cause it’s a size smaller for me but, I have another jacket from Old Navy, that’s also an XL, and it won’t fit right until I lose another 10 lbs. I’m not unmotivated by it at all. I just can’t wait until I’m one size so I know what to bring to the dressing room.

Speaking of clothes, I’ve watched make over shows on TV about people who have lost tons of weight and still wear baggy clothes. I always thought they were nuts cause they should show off their new body. Well the other day I was wearing something that was big on me and I liked it. Not because it covered me, but because I was excited that clothes were big on me. In the past, either clothes just barely fit or I didn’t buy it cause there wasn’t a bigger size. As long as I can remember, clothes were never too big cause I have always been the biggest size in the store. So it made me wonder if I will be that weight loss story woman that likes to wear baggy clothes. I hope not. I am working too hard to not show off!

I haven’t had any “break downs” lately. I’m hoping it was just a phase I had to get through. I did have one week that I actually gained. I gained 1.2 lbs in week 11. I took it well. I was expecting it. And actually it had nothing to do with eating too much or poor choices; it’s cause I ate too little. I was pretty sick, with a cold, and there was one day that I ate maybe 4 Points. I just had no appetite. It’s interesting that in the past, I used to pray to get sick enough to not have an appetite so I wouldn’t eat and hope to lose a few pounds. Now, I get nervous and try to force myself to eat cause I want my body to continue to work properly and receive the right nutrition, especially when I’m sick.

I started the Couch to 5K program last week. It’s been interesting. I’ve been pretty dedicated about it. Twice now I have run on my own cause Kyle was working, in 39 degrees, and at night after a busy day. Last night was the first night I missed that I was planning on running but Kyle and I had a date and I worked the runs in to the rest of the week so I’m still right on track. Kyle and I are signed up for a 5k tomorrow to run through Sea World. Because I haven’t completed my training yet, I’m going to take it easy and mostly walk. It’s a fun race and they’re not timing anyone. So we’ll take our time, stop at the photo ops, and just enjoy ourselves. It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Sea World and it will be nice to see all the Christmas decorations.

I told Kerri that I started the Couch to 5K program. She asked if I was training for a particular 5K, I said no. She said that I should tell her when I’m getting close to completing the program. That would be great if she could help me find a good 5K and maybe we’ll even get to do it together. If she can keep up with me… :)

So I am doing really well and loving WW still. Right now I’ve lost 30.4 lbs. This is big stuff! I can’t wait to lose more. I would LOVE to be below 200 by Jan 3, that was my goal, but I’m not sure now. I’ll need to lose a little more than 3 pounds a week. That’s a lot. But maybe by 01.10 I’ll be there. My first goal was just to hit 10% by the New Year, I did that quickly! So we’ll see how close I get to my holiday weight loss goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment